The project offers wine tasting tours and tourist trails to learn about the agricultural, gastronomic, cultural, historical, landscape and environmental heritage of Liguria. Three production sites (olive growing; horticulture and flower growing; wine production and fish farming), created for workers and visitors, will promote the region's major food and fish industries, and provide opportunities to see the region's unique agricultural landscape, meet companies and build commercial relationships at the area's key centres for innovation.
Riviera Ligure” DOP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Genoese DOP Basil and Genoese Pesto Sauce
DOP and IGP Wines of Liguria
Horticultural products of Albenga and the surrounding areas: purple asparagus, trumpet courgettes, beefsteak tomatoes and thorny artichokes.
Aromatic plants and flowers of the flower-growing region of Ponente Ligure, the west Ligurian Riviera.
Fish and aquaculture products of the Ligurian Sea: mussels and oysters from the Gulf of La Spezia, anchovies (Ligurian Sea IGP salted anchovies), prawns from Santa Margherita, sea bream and sea bass.
TOWNS INVOLVED IN THE INITIATIVE
Genoa – Camogli
Imperia - Imperia, Ospedaletti, Sanremo, Taggia
La Spezia - Castelnuovo Magra, La Spezia, Lerici, Riomaggiore
Savona - Albenga, Finale Ligure
CULTURAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL ASSETS
PROTECTED AREAS INCLUDED IN THE INITIATIVE
Cinque Terre National Park
UNESCO World Heritage Site included in the initiative
1. Portovenere, Cinque Terre and the Islands (Palmaria, Tino and Tinetto)
Some of the cultural assets included in the initiative
1. Imperia: State Archives, old towns of Oneglia and Porto Maurizio, Olive Museum, International Naval Museum, Museum of Nativity Cribs, Picture Gallery, Civic Library, Sanctuary of Montegrazie, Villa Grock
2. Bordighera: Villa Regina Margherita
3. Sanremo: State Archive Section, Villa Romana, Villa Romana di Bussana, Civic Museum, Villa Luca, Villa Nobel
4. Ventimiglia: Hanbury Botanic Gardens
5. La Spezia: State Archive, Lia Museum, San Giorgio Castle, Archaeological Museum, Technical Maritime Museum, Diocesan Museum, Ethnography Museum, Camec (Centre of modern and contemporary art)
6. Lerici: San Terenzo Castle
7. Sarzana: Fortresses, Citadel, Cathedral and Diocesan Museum
8. Albenga: Paleo-Christian Basilica of San Vittore, Diocesan Museum of Sacred Art, Funerary monuments of via Julia Augusta between Albenga and Alassio
9. Finale Ligure: ancient town of Finalborgo, Collegiate of San Biagio, Fort of San Giovanni, Pieve di Finalmarina Archaeological Site, Early Medieval Castrum, Late Antiquity Castrum of S. Antonio, Manie Cave, Arene Candide Cave, Roman bridges of Val Ponci, Finale Archaeological Museum
SPECIAL ITINERARIES FORMING PART OF THE INITIATIVE
“Peaks and Depths: The Sea and Wine of Liguria” – an itinerary dedicated to the wine and fish of Levante Ligure, the east Ligurian Riviera.
“Olive Oil Route” – an itinerary dedicated to the olives and extra virgin olive oil of Ponente Ligure, the west Ligurian Riviera.
“Scents and Colours of Liguria” – an itinerary dedicated to the flowers, aromatic plants and vegetables of the region.
HOW TO REACH US
By car from Milan: From the A7 motorway, after Tortona, take the A26 interchange and follow the road as far as Voltri. Then take the A10 towards Ventimiglia (about 230 km) or the A12 towards La Spezia – (about 250 km).
By train from Milano Centrale / Rogoredo: direct Intercity and local connections to Genoa - Imperia / Sanremo / Ventimiglia or Genoa - Sestri Levante / La Spezia / Cinque Terre (about 250 km). Saturdays and public holidays: direct Intercity connections between Genoa and Rho Fiera Expo Milano.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
NEWS AND EVENTS
Oleoteca regionale della Liguria e Consorzio per la tutela dell'olio extra vergine di oliva DOP Riviera Ligure (Liguria regional oil shop and Consortium for the protection of Riviera Ligure DOP extra virgin olive oil) - email@example.com
To follow the activities of Expo and regions